Saturday, August 6, 2016

2nd time around

Today marks one week in Pune, India.  Everyday gets a little easier.  Not home by any means, but at least familiar.

We are renting an apartment with others. I've never been one for having roommates, I'm not very good at it!   It's funny that I would choose a place we would have others around.  I am extremely happy we did this,  otherwise how else would we have met our sweet roomates, one even a little boy of 3! I am trying as best as I can to let things just be for once in my life.  Even just this morning I was trying to control something back at home.  Why can't I just be content with what is.

The first few days were just getting our bearings, trying to remember where things could be bought,  figuring out what and how we should cook things.  Getting used to the smells, the sounds, the sights, the animals, the rain, and the humidity in the air takes time.  Did I mention how humid it is here?!  After this week, I am feeling more settled.  My body is also getting used to the practice and the jet lag is wearing off.  Did I mention it's monsoon season?

This 2nd time in Pune, I am spending more time at the institute and at other small home studios.  I feel fortunate I have the opportunity to observe classes.  I love the imaginative sequencing, the humor of other teachers, and sitting back and watching you see so much! When I am teaching I try to see all, but I am still learning that fine art. My x-ray vision has not yet matured fully.  I have even been able to study with my teacher, Devki 3 times already!  My heart is so full, yet I still miss home.



No comments:

Post a Comment