Saturday, July 16, 2016

It's only time they say......

Sabbatical 
"...any extended absence in the career of an individual to achieve something. In the modern sense, one takes a sabbatical typically to fulfill some goal......."

This weekend began my 7 week journey of self discovery, growth, change, and hopefully a little fun. The purpose of this time and travel is to study, to absorb, and to learn how to be a better practitioner, teacher, and human being.  I fully realize how very fortunate I am to have this opportunity.  From my partner in life, to my parents, to students, and to mentors who along the way encourage me to follow my dreams and my heart I say a big thank-you.

Yesterday when I woke up I realized the position I was in.  A strange sensation crept over me when I realized the time has finally come. All the preparation is done.  A little fear,  a little excitement, and a little worry were all there bubbling away at the surface.  Wondering how I will do staying mostly alone in a place I am not all that familiar with.  Then travelling with someone I am just getting to know. To be away from my home, whats familiar and the people and pets I hold dear. 

I will continue to write when the moment arises.

Until then.......










No comments:

Post a Comment