Saturday, January 18, 2014

My mind is radically open-actually it is percolating!

Happy New Year in mid-January!

This weekend we have senior teacher Carolyn Belko at the studio.  She is not only pushing our boundaries, but teaching us to do something different in the asana practice. She is asking us to let go of the 22 points we all know about Trikonasana and saying to feel the pose, let it percolate within you.  Very Prashant in a tiny lady body.

Last nights sequence was right out of one of those Pune classes I am sure.  It was crazy.  We did handstand at 3 intervals,  did twists,  parighasana, ustrasana,  anatasana, chaturanga.  I really thought my arms were going to fail me, but the did not.  I really thought I was going to sweat so much I would fall out of Sirsasana, I almost did, but caught myself. 

She is encouraging, firm, and can see everything.  Maybe in another life she was an Iyengar:-)

Till this afternoon.........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment