Sunday, April 29, 2012

Today I was thinking I was so overwhlemed.  Then I remembered that I am lucky enough to travel with my husband and my dog whenever we wanted.  This kind of freedom is pretty amazing.  I thought this picture represented that.  The dog at the ocean,  just as happy as can be,  tired,  worn out,  full of salt water.  I am hoping that as time passes by I can remember these moments when I am full of pessimism and worn out.  Remember that everyday is a new day.  We get the opportunity to re-invent ourselves when we choose.  We have the option of starting fresh everyday,  every moment if we want to.  

 I have always had this huge fear of inversions.  IN 2009,  I decided this was my year of handstand,  not just kicking up into it a few times here or there.   So everyday,  no matter what,  I kicked up into handstand.  Sometimes it was just downright messy and embarrasing,  but as time went on,  it got easier and easier.  To the point where when I kicked up Robert did not come in to make sure that I was upright and there were no holes in the walls.  Then as time went on I realized that it was not really that big of a deal. I would just practice and it became the 3rd pose I would do just because I could.  It was invigorating!  Then after my last car accident,  I realized that my neck issues were no joke.  I needed to take this serious and take the time to rehab and make things stronger and more stable.  So after many, many headstand push-ups (thanks Lisa) lots of arm work,  I was getting stronger.  Finally after about 7 months of rehab I could go up into Sirsasana (headstand) with no pain.  Now after 18 months,  I can do the pose.  Not just go up and wiggle around,  but I dont' sweat and curse every  teacher for telling me to take my thoracic spine in.  I can do it!

So the moral of this story is,  DON'T GIVE UP!  If you give up you just have to start all over again.  We may have minor set backs here and there, but never let fear get the best of you.  No matter what your age,  your goals,  or physical shape may be,  you always have something to work towards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment